As you know, Monday around these parts is called Grateful Heart Monday. It’s a day where I link up with Ember Grey and start my week out with an attitude of gratitude. I’m also a big fan of Endlessly Beloved’s monthly link up called 10 Favorite Things. This month’s topic is your 10 favorite things about blogging. I figured this was a great time to combine these two link ups, as I am grateful for what blogging has brought into my life. So without further ado, here are the top 10 things that I love about blogging.
1. Blogging has been a way for me to be creative. I have always enjoyed writing and this has helped me focus on that.
2. Blogging is an outlet. It allows me to get things off my chest or things that are weighing on my mind.
3. I am always learning something new. The list is endless it seems. I have learned a tad bit about HTML; nothing big mind you, but more than I knew 3 months ago!
4. One of the best things about blogging is the blogging community. There are so many wonderful bloggers out there; many who are willing to help you out, many who are a great sounding board, and many who just inspire you with their own blogs.
5. I love the visuals of blogging. What does that even mean? you may ask. I love visiting blogs and seeing their blog designs. I love looking at Etsy and seeing blog designs. I love looking at blogger’s portfolios if they are blog designers as well. It’s like window shopping. There are so many pretty blogs out there (and talented designers!).
6. I love the sense of accomplishment I feel when I click on “Publish”.
7. I love the sense of organization I feel when I have posts scheduled for a week ahead. Other things may be in a state of chaos in my life but at least I feel like I have this under control (at times!).
8. I am so grateful for comments. It’s wonderful to post something and feel great about it. It’s even better when others comment on a post. I love the conversations that start through comments.
9. Social media has become a bigger part of my life now. I am enjoying this and I’m grateful for the interaction it allows me to have with other bloggers.
10. Blogging has increased my awareness of everything around me. By this I mean everything I see or do is a potential blog post in a way. I’m always trying to think ahead for post ideas. If I’m doing project around my house it has the potential to end up a post. If I try something new, you may just read about it here. Blogging has gotten me out of blindly living my life. I now see things in a different perspective.
What are you grateful for today? What are your favorite things about blogging?