11.24.2014

Tips for Surviving Black Friday Shopping and GHM

Black Friday is fast approaching and if you are one of the brave souls You might be heading out to the stores to get the deals of the year.  For those of you taking part in Black Friday for the first time I thought it would be nice to share some tips with you.

Make a List and a Game Plan
The crowds and the competition may be fierce.  Know what you are looking for at each store and cross items off as you go.  Scour the ads prior to leaving the house and know where the best deals are.

Get a Shopping Buddy (or 2)
Shopping with other(s) is key.  Lines will be long.  Have one person wait in line while you quickly find the items on your list.  Be sure to return the favor and switch positions.  If nothing else, having a friend with you to discuss the crazy shoppers can be entertaining.

Divide and Conquer
Perhaps neither of you mind waiting in line.  In that case, divide the list up and each of you find the items on your half of the list.

Caffeinate
It's going to be a long night and day....prepare yourself.

Be Pleasant
This is the season of good tidings and giving.  Be nice.  Be pleasant.

Avoid the Stores that are Open on Thanksgiving
This is a personal choice for me but I would boycott a store that makes it's workers give up their holiday so people can shop.  Thanksgiving should be about family and giving thanks.  It should not be commercialized and about buying more.

And because it's Monday, I choose to start my week off with Emily from Ember Grey for Grateful Heart Monday.  What am I grateful for today?  CYBER MONDAY.  The deals are amazing.  There are no lines and now waiting.  I can shop in my pjs and not leave the warmth of my home.

You will not find me near a store on Black Friday.  Where can I be found?  The same place I am every year on Black Friday.

No filter used, just the pure beauty of sun shining on Christmas trees

The Christmas Tree Farm!

What are you grateful for today?  Have any Black Friday tips to share?

Twitter Instagram Bloglovin'

27 comments :

1. Melissa The LlamaNovember 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM

I'm personally terrified of black Frida . Mostly because I enjoy my sleep but props those that do it lol. I also agree to boycott stores open on Thanksgiving

ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmmm. Can you please ask everyone to be pleasant because people go crazy? :)

ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree about avoiding anywhere that's open on Thanksgiving! Thankfully I don't work retail anymore, but I would hate to have to go into work and lose that time with my family!

ReplyDelete
  4. The not pleasant shoppers (and stores being open on Thanksgiving) is what keeps me from shopping Friday. I tried it once, I'll never do it again! I'm with you - Cyber Monday is where it's at :)

ReplyDelete
  5. I have a confession... I've NEVER been black Friday shopping. I probably should and will when my son is old enough for big kid toys. It sounds so intimidating to me and I hate crowds!

ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually Black Friday shop but these are great tips! Even for shopping any time for the holidays. It's a crazy time!

7. Sarah @ 12 Twenty SevenNovember 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I love that you mentioned being pleasant because it's often the one thing that flies out of folks' minds this time of year! I am always appalled at all of the name-calling and pushing/shoving that goes on! I'll be sleeping in and decorating for Christmas and I CAN'T WAIT!

8. Daisy @ Simplicity RelishedNovember 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Oh SO beautiful:) and your tips are right-on. I'm not really a black friday shopper but these tips would be awesome to arm oneself with!

9. Seeking the SouthNovember 24, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Great tips! And those pictures are to die for!

ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you...I can't wait til Friday. I consider that place like a little piece of heaven on Earth!

ReplyDelete
  11. You won't find me there either. I'll be walking through the field in search of 2 great trees!

ReplyDelete
  12. You and I are cut from the same cloth! Id rather prepare for the holidays and decorate. Shopping can wait til Cyber Monday.

ReplyDelete
  13. It is! I avoid our mall on the weekends from now til January!

ReplyDelete
  14. I agree. My daughters go but I steer clear! No deal is worth that aggravation and those crowds. I'd rather sleep and decorate!

ReplyDelete
  15. YES!! And I wonder why people have to be so rude...it's sad.

ReplyDelete
  16. I hate that and think it is so wrong. Let people be with family.

ReplyDelete
  17. I know! It's awful. Is sacrificing manners worth the bargain?

ReplyDelete
  18. Yes...I'd rather be sleeping at 3 am. Seriously.

ReplyDelete
  19. Caffeinate, so important!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

ReplyDelete
  20. The little things can make the biggest differences can't they?? Happy Thanksgiving!

ReplyDelete
  21. Black Friday can be so fun! I hate that stores are opening on Thanksgiving this year…that is just ridiculous! Coffee, friends, and long lines on a full stomach from the day before…doesn't get much better:)

22. TheAdventuresofBugandBooNovember 24, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Those are probably brilliant tips for managing through Black Friday!! I, like you, however am not going to even try. It's far too hectic for me - I much prefer Cyber Monday too! =)

ReplyDelete
  23. That;s the way to go. Shop from home, in my pjs and tea in hand!

ReplyDelete
  24. Put like that then yes it could be fun...I just hate that the stores are opening that much earlier each year. Let there be a holiday!

25. Emily @ Ember Grey.November 30, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Did you see those news reports of people literally beating each other up over items?!?! I don't remember where it was but I saw it and just thought- YEP. This is exactly why I do this online! haha! (We did buy a washer/dryer for our new place... not very fun but definitely necessary!)

ReplyDelete
  26. People are INSANE! It amazes me that this is the season of joy and giving yet people can be so downright rude over material items. A washer and dryer aren't glamorous, true, but so needed and I bet you got amazing deals!

ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions are always welcome! I'd love to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit. I appreciate it!