By now, you know I am a fan of sweets. They are my downfall. I live in a predominantly Italian area where Italian pastries are the norm. Cannolis are one of the most common desserts. Thankfully this simple recipe for cannoli dip allows you to have the taste of cannolis anytime you want it. And what’s better than having cannoli dip readily at hand? Not much.
- 15 oz ricotta
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (again, more or less to taste---read "more")
- Dash of vanilla
- Combine the cream cheese and ricotta til smooth.
- Add 1/3 cup of the powdered sugar and stir.
- Once that is combined, add the remaining 1/3 cup powdered sugar.
- Taste test now, and if needed add a bit more powdered sugar if you would like it a tad sweeter.
- Add the dash of vanilla and stir.
- Fold in the miniature chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hr.
- Garnish with additional mini chocolate chips and serve chilled.
I prefer to serve this with chocolate graham crackers but it would go well with fruit or any other dipper of your choice.